New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship Visa (Subclass 461)
Are you in a relationship with a Kiwi?
The New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship visa is intended for family of New Zealand citizens staying outside geographical territory of New Zealand and living in Australia. It is a five-year temporary visa that allows someone who is not a New Zealand citizen to study, work and live in Australia with a family member who is a New Zealand citizen who either holds or is eligible to hold a Special Category subclass 444 visa.
Let us identify first based on the checklist below:
- Evidence of your relationship with the New Zealand citizen.
- Certified copies of birth certificates for each person claiming a relationship with the New Zealand citizen
- Marriage certificates
- Death certificates
- Adoption certificates
- Family status certificates or family books (if these documents are officially issued and maintained)
- Evidence that the New Zealand citizen holds or is eligible for a Special Category visa (subclass 444)
- Certified copy of the New Zealand citizen’s birth certificate
- New Zealand passport
Now let’s move on to know if you are eligible or not. You might be able to get this visa if:
- You are not a New Zealand citizen
- You are a member of the family unit of a New Zealand citizen
- Your New Zealand citizen family member is not an Eligible New Zealand Citizen
- Your New Zealand citizen family member is living in Australia on a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or will be travelling with you to Australia and will be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444) on arrival
It is highly noted to also consider the following:
- Health examinations which will depend on your personal circumstances, including your period of stay, country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months.
- You will need to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age, as part of character requirements.
- No outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government for this visa can be granted.
We can assist you with the preparation of the documents for lodgement of the application. Should you wish to check with your eligibility for the 461 visa, give us a call on 07 3191 2407. Skype and email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Because at Cornerstone Migration, our expertise will bring you a step closer.